Friday, February 4, 2011

the little brown envelope.

In my room sits a little brown envelope. It's nothing special, not a sight to see. In it contains money saved I have left over from the previous month, or am sometimes blessed with. The other night, I cramed a few more pounds in, pulled every note back out and began counting. But, before I started counting, I prayed a little prayer. It went something like this "God, make it stretch."

Did I mention I'm going on a mission trip to India, and that we have to hand in our plane ticket money of £400 Sunday?

Last time I counted the money cramed in my little brown envelope, there was hardly £315. After I prayed my little prayer, I found myself sitting with £417. Exactly what I needed with a little extra.

God, You're so good to me.

1 comment: