Sunday, January 23, 2011

there's more to be heard than what your ears can hear.


Have you ever thought about your passion? What do you enjoy? I'm not talking about sitting on the computer checking your facebook all day, or texting and phoning your friends constantly. But rather the one (or two, maybe even three) things that stop your world. The something that floats your boat.

A few weeks ago I received an email from my mom, and in bold letters what did it say? .. "What is your passion" three times over and over again. This easy no brainer question hasn't left my mind since. That was when I found myself thinking deep. A harsh reality has now struck me, and struck me hard when I realized that I feel there truly is nothing I completely and whole heartedly am passionate about.

Yes I love people, and enjoy helping them out in any way I possibly can. If I bring a smile to their face and they just so happen to laugh a time or two along the way, then that just seems to be an extra bonus. But that's not something I can do when sitting at home alone and bored. It's not something I can do when I need to take a breather and want to be alone. It's not something I can do to pass the time. The internet is a handy gadget and a way of life these days. However, I find myself consumed by status updates and photos being uploaded daily. Too much of my life is wasted away clicking and scrolling.

I suppose there is no real point to this post other than to ask for you to pray for me and that I would find what my passion is. Pray that I find something that I'm not only good at, but also love doing. Some have cooking, others have reading, photography, an instrument, but what do I have and not only that, what do I love?

It's good for me to be surrounded by people with solid passions because it has now caused me to ask myself this question.

If you're anything like me, then I encourage you to ask yourself the same question my mom asked me, and that is "What is your passion?" If you're unsure as I am, go to God with it and ask Him. Incase you've forgotten, He's always there ready and willing to answer at any minute, every second of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment