Sunday, April 10, 2011

u p d a t e .



I've been reading a book called "Red Moon Rising" by Pete Greig and Dave Roberts. It's the story of 24/7 prayer (a prayer movement happening all over the world) and how it has come to be. I have found myself encouraged and mesmerized at the stories of what God is, has and can do. The following paragraph stood out to me the other day, so I thought I'd just quickly share.

"God is challenging us as people to dare to feel the pain all around us. To move from praying for people from the comfort of our own salvation to interceding with them from a position of need.. Will we allow the things that break God's heart to break our hearts too? It will mean more tears, and more listening. God is allowing us to feel the pain, to be weak and broken so that our prayers have power."

... "so that our prayers have power." - I love it!


I'm living a good life here. Hard to believe I've been here seven months and am left with only five remaining. I'm completely unsure of where or what I'm doing after my year here. Honestly, I'd love to stay forever, but unfortunately my bank account has different plans. I've been praying obsessively about this, because all I want to do is follow God. Sure, I'll figure it out (eventually). But for now, I'm completely unsure.


So that's my life at the moment. Nothing exciting I know. However, I love it more than anything.

1 comment:

  1. that's so exciting! you should buy some fabric or something else colorful and packable to remember the trip.

    ReplyDelete