Saturday, November 19, 2011

autumn light.


The life I live wouldn't be described much as glamorous. It's simple. It's messy. It's lonely, but, it's mine. I feel I live as a Nomad traveling from place to place with no clear direction. I've begun to follow my heart, my gut. This world I breathe in is beautiful. With it's vast mountains, fresh waters, generous lands, and multitude of people. Gracious I am for being able to see so much of it already. I am living my dream.

With living abroad, in a new found place then traveling around there.. now I sit in the city I've thought of for years. The first time I travel west bound, the same time I choose to live. What an exhilarating choice. My neck stretched back as I look up at the mountains every day. My soul met, enjoying the sounds, and smells of fresh water. The inhale of coffee beans setting my nostrils on fire as I brew just another cup.

I now find myself wearing a name tag with the word "Barista." Finally, a barista. My dream job. I sit in boring classes with bright lights, taking notes five days a week. Unless of course it's a holiday. Those are the days I look forward to the most. The days to catch up on some beauty rest and perhaps explore this new place.

I am in University, learning and working for a degree. A degree in what? I'm still slightly unsure really.. but I'll get there. I'm doing the thing I've dreamt of since I was small.

Brave is what some have called me. For going after what I wanted, and finding ways to make it happen.. even when not always having every piece to every puzzle. I like to think of it more as crazy. I mean what am I doing? How did I get here?

I'm happy most days. Thankful really. But I'm lonely, and quiet on others. However, I am living a dream. A dream I once thought would never be anything more than a dream. Never did I think it would one day come true. My dream has now become my reality...

1 comment:

  1. Your dream has become your reality, and that is a sweet place to live indeed little sis. Don't be too quick to fill the quiet, lonely moments with any noise other than the whispers of God's voice to the deepest depths of your soul or else you might never learn to hear them. It's in those moments that our bones absorb the truths our Creator utter over us, to us, into us. So that we may share those truths with a world forgetting who they are and where they came from. You my dear are becoming a woman of character, a woman who has more to offer than empty, unfulfilled longings of a life lived in the safe place of fear. You are living an adventure and by doing so you are giving others the same permission. You are walking through fear and coming out the other side alive!!!! I'm so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete