Thursday, September 9, 2010

all i see is green.


I received my visa about two weeks ago (finally) via the great UPS!! Today, I sit thousands of miles away from home in my new room at my new home. Saying goodbye was the hardest thing I’ve ever in my life had to do. Poor Jennah (my oldest niece) was crying so hard her little body was shaking. Tears flowed rapidly most of Monday evening, and even harder at the airport when I said goodbye to the parents. Never could I have imagined it being as hard and utterly depressing, yet exciting as it was.

But now, I am HERE!! I made it, through all the many ups and downs of this process. I feel I have conquered something great. Something new. I am just as thrilled and excited as I am completely terrified. Although I am a very independent person, never have I lived on my own. I have never had to manage my money in a way to live off. Luckily though I am good at stretching my dollars (or I guess pounds now). I feel intimidated. Beginning something at the bottom of the stairwell, looking up. I’m thankful for being in a place where so far I feel comfortable to ask questions and ask for help. It will be good. Maybe hard at times, but good on many levels.

I sit down with the two pastors of VCD for the first time this afternoon. We’ll be talking about the internship and what it entails. I am highly nervous for the internship. Basically because I don’t want to look a fool. There’s a lot to think about and focus on. But it’s good to be uncomfortable, allows room to stretch and grow. I am thrilled!!

I’d love your continued prayers, and please let me know if there’s anything I can be praying over you as well.

Be a blessing!!

1 comment: